Dec 25, 2014

Why is this Week Different?

I’d like to take my pen in hand
And write a little rant
I’d like to vent invective
But it’s Christmas, and I can’t

I’d like to raise my voice
And say the words mom said I couldn’t
I’d like to bruise the language
But it’s Christmas, and I shouldn’t

I’d like to lose my temper
Though my friends all tell me, “Don’t!”
I need an angry outburst
But it’s Christmas, and I won’t

We find a world that’s fallen
And not working as it should be
He came for all the nations
So through sacrifice, it could be
 
But soon the souls he came to save
Saw insurrection brewing
And though he only spoke of Love
They plotted his undoing
 
And when the things they plotted
Brought the Savior to his knees
The last words that he uttered were,
“Forgive them, Father, please.”

The spirit may be willing
But the flesh is often weak
How hard it is to understand
And turn the other cheek

So when I’m moved to anger
Even in a world gone mad
I think of His example
For it’s Christmas, and I’m glad

No comments: