Dec 5, 2014

Advent 2014

I know it isn’t prudent
And I know it isn’t wise
But every time the news comes on
I just avert my eyes

I sure don’t want to hear it
And I sure don’t want to see
The planet isn’t spinning now
The way it ought to be

I sense a lot of people
Are in trouble getting sleep
The days are short, the weather sharp,
The way is dark and deep

The sun is at its farthest point
The tides have turned away
We’re in a time of trouble
Just as all the prophets say

Though justice is a stranger
And faith and trust are lacking
Somewhere in the wilderness
A caravan is packing

For in the gloom of winter
They see a single star
And know by love and learning
What its implications are

They make no hesitation
Though roads could use some paving
Because they know the journey
Is their duty and their saving

So keep your eyes wide open
Be sure to stay awake
Be ready for the lessons
On the journey you might make

For in the times of trial
And gloom of endless night
The wise are always watchful
For a little point of light

No comments: